It All Started With a Horse


I never imagined that going on a field trip would ultimately lead to coming home with a horse, (neither did my husband!) but that's kind of how all of this started. With a beautiful cremello horse we call Roxy.



I won't bore you with all of the details, but if your'e really curious, visit my other blog to read the story of how a horse forever changed the direction of our lives. It's in three parts, but it really is a pretty cool story. 


We don't lead an extremely exciting life, but we love every relaxing, hardworking, crazy, awesome moment of it! 

We enjoy having family and friends out.


Our horses especially love the friends that bring them yummy treats!



Even the chickens love the extra attention!


We even get the unexpected visitor from time to time. 


Life On Lost Creek Ranch is a blog about our everyday life and how we have come to embrace our country side we never really knew existed. 

One of the things I have learned along this journey is that when you live in the country, you do a lot more on your own. Mainly because the store isn't as close as it used to be. 

Things like baking home made pies, canning your vegetables from your garden, growing herbs, making your own soaps and more. We've even home schooled for awhile. 





We've learned a lot about putting up pasture fencing, building a barn, a chicken coop. It's been very frustrating, exciting, and rewarding all rolled into one. Neither of us has ever lived in the country, but we are adapting quite well. Actually, we love it!

 

I'll share with you what we are learning along the way, our successes and our failures. It hasn't always been easy, let's just say my husband and I don't always work well together. So I'm thankful our neighbors aren't in yelling distance. 

I could not  imagine ever going back to "city life" though. As hard as it can be sometimes; having to go out in the bitter cold to feed the animals or close the chicken coop up, to dig a fence post in 95 degree weather or to pick your own hay from the fields in the sweltering heat, I wouldn't want it any other way. 

I hope you come back and follow along as I open up the gates to our little farm and what we have come to call our Life On Lost Creek Ranch.



Terri




Comments

Popular Posts